I tried rocking my hair in a bun but that got pretty old, pretty quick so went back to doing some styles with two-strand twists and even threw on a wig for two days (I hated it!). Well it struck me this week that I just may have enough length to have a pretty descent bantu-knot out and why I never did the bantu-knots earlier is beyond me because I love this style!
The first time I tried the bantu-knot out it was cute but looked a little too dry and frizzy so I knew I had find the perfect mix of products to produce a shiny, bouncy, soft and fluffy fro.
Here's the Dynamic Duo responsible for my fro!
- Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream (I seriously can't live w/o this...check my review)
- Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir
- On damp, semi-blow dried or dry hair part hair into sections (I prefer parting at random, not going straight across..it doesn't seem as separated that way).
- Comb each section of the hair to ensure it's detangled
- Apply one pump of the Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir
- Apply dime sized amount of Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream (adjust amount based on size of knots)
- Run both products through hair with fingers
- Two-strand twist each section, twist around into the Bantu-Knot
- Allow to fully dry, untwist and style as desired
|Clearly I'm loving my Bantu-knot out!|
What are some of your favorite natural hair styles?