Personally, wearing all white (or almost all white) is a warm-weather essential for me. Although I love colors, I equally love my whites and how they exude a feminine and chic vibe. There's nothing like the sleek and sexy look of a white tank and skinnies (as seen on Mel B in the pic below), an all white suit (as seen on Elle MacPherson) or long, high-waisted trousers and a starched button-up tailored shirt with bold accessories! These looks speak instant polish if worn properly. **BTW, Love Kim K's look below, minus the floppy hat.
Tips to remember when wearing white:
- Avoid wearing wrinkled white (of course unless it's meant to be crinkled). This is never a good look.
- Avoid public transportation, where unavoidable fashion casualties can occur. Think of the little kid with the chocolate candy bar!
- Try to keep make-up at a minimum to avoid smudges and accidental transfers to your outfit.
- Don't order red wine! Seriously, this might be the worse thing to ever happen to a white suit! A red wine spill on an all white outfit = Yikes!
- Take your whites to the cleaners to be cleaned and for a thorough press job. Whites can be prone to "yellowing" if not handled properly.
- Tailor, tailor and tailor again. Make sure your white fits right in all the right places. A sagging, ill-fitting white suit or outfit is a big No, No!
- Last, but not least, keep a stain stick available to treat stains immediately if they occur.
Simply put, the key to wearing white is to keep it SIMPLE!